Welcome Friends

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Michael and Kelsey Yeck


Michael and I met in a class at BYU during Winter semester 2011. I sat down next to him one day and just got to talking. He was dang cute but I just assumed he'd be too short for me. Once we stood up to leave and I realized how tall he was and decided that just couldn't be our only conversation! These are the seat where it all started:

 After a few weeks of class I ran into him on campus and "suggested" we hang out. He jumped at the opportunity and asked me out. Here is our first date, lots of laughs!

 Mike got really sick about a week or two after we started dating. The docs got him on some strong codeine. He was pretty loopy one night and I decided to play some games. I asked him if he liked me and he willingly said "I think I love you". Not knowing what to do and assuming it was the codeine talking, I just kissed him. 5 seconds later he was passed out! I couldn't help but laugh. Here is the sick one. Coach, I promise I didn't give it to him!

 Long story short (I know too late) we really were in love from the beginning. I never questioned that he had to be something more than a stranger in a class room. We started talking marriage soon and I had to ease my parents into the idea that their 19 year old daughter was looking at rings and picking out colors. They met Mike, fell in love too, and 6 months after that first date, we were married.

Now we are deep into school and football. I recently started my own business and I love the independence it’s giving us to start our life on our terms. Mike loves the time with the team and I love the relationships I’m forming with other wives. I know that we are both very grateful to be involved with such an amazing organization. BYU Football has given us so many blessings and opportunities that we will never be able to forget I loved our engagements:


Michael
• How many years did you play football? 8 years
• Was football your favorite sport growing up? No, basketball
• What age did you start playing football?13
• What positions have you played? Defensive Line and Offensive Line
• What high school did you go to? Keller High in Keller, Texas.
• What are your hobbies? Reading, Sleeping, Eating, Watching TV.
• What are your plans after college? Moving to Sweet Home Alabama
• What is your major? Exercise Science
• What did you do this summer? School, Make-up Honeymoon, Football
• What is your favorite movie? Batman - Dark Knight
• Family members? Amazing wife, great parents, 2 sisters, and a TON of in-laws!
• Favorite vacations? 9-month late Honeymoon to Disneyland and driving to North Carolina
• Wedding information Sealed in the Boise, Idaho Temple on July 7, 2011 (Yes 7/7, same as my football number)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Background

Hello BYU football families. Welcome to our "Cougar Pride" blog. Our hope is to enrich our collegiate experience by bringing our families closer together. We want to get to know you better and look forward spotlighting different families in our Den.